If you want to apply contact us for a site visit. We want to meet you and show you our kitchen. New Classes Begin every 5 weeks.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit to the Bakery.
- At the visit we will give you an application.
- We will review your complete application and contact you for an interview.
- If the interview is successful, a 3-day hands-on assessment in the Bakery kitchen with our pastry chef will be scheduled.
- All of the information will be reviewed. Applicants will be contacted by our Director of Student Services regarding acceptance.
Beyond your interest and having an identified learning difference, eligibility requirements include:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and mature enough to seriously prepare for a career in baking.
- Applicants must present documentation of permission to work in the United States as specified by the Department of Homeland Security I-9 form at the interview.
- Applicants must have a designated “support” person/agency (a teacher, service provider, social worker or family member) available to provide support throughout training, internship, and employment.
Tuition & Financial Assistance
- Tuition is $5,850 which includes a non-refundable $50 application fee and $450 assessment fee.
- Generous financial assistance for program fees is available based on demonstrated need.
- Students receive a paid stipend upon completion of the 300-hour in-house production internship
- You may also be eligible for funding through a service provider or another agency. This will be discussed during the interview. If you are approved by the Maryland Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) to receive employment training at Sunflower Bakery, DORS may provide funding for tuition. Please contact your DORS representative to find out if you are eligible.