Sunflower Bakery prepares young adults with learning differences for employment in pastry, baking and related food industries.
Sunflower Bakery is an inclusive workforce-training organization guided by Jewish values and engaged in community building that:
- Fills a need for productivity and employment in the community of individuals with learning differences by offering skill development and inclusive, real-life training opportunities;
- Enhances independence, self-esteem, and self-determination;
- Focuses on maximizing people’s strengths and minimizing their weaknesses
- Fills a need for high quality, non-dairy baked goods in the community; and
- Emphasizes customer service.
An inclusive society where all persons, regardless of their differences, have opportunities to lead productive lives.
Sunflower Bakery is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization